Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Special Way I Feel

I recently checked "Happy Traum's Flat-Pick Country Guitar" out of the library, and my consultation with that book is largely responsible for the functional use of bass runs in this latest recording.

Not that I pretend to virtuosity by any stretch of the imagination. People who think they're virtuosi tend to look and sound like this violinist I saw on PBS a few nights ago. He played eighties pop hits with a full rock-orchestral backup, not to mention light, video and fog-machine effects. He seemed very satisfied with himself and his whole operation. His fans also seemed rather pleased with what went on. Their rapt smiles fascinated me in an anthropological sort of way. I doubt I will ever be so pleased with myself, either as a musician or as an audience-member. If you listen to the following song you might guess why:

<a href="http://danbandstra.bandcamp.com/track/the-special-way-i-feel">The Special Way I Feel by Dan Bandstra</a>

No comments: